Friday, September 28, 2012

Science talk!

My topic is about assessing the ability of commercial skin care products to suppress microbial contamination, and the product I used for my part is this;


I tested a brand new one though, but I am already planning to test on a used product for the same brand.

Anyway, here are the results;

CLEAN! Which means this product has excellent preservatives to suppress microbial contamination, in other words, you need not have to worry about bacteria living in this product. :)


And these are my teammate's samples. The middle one has a big spot of white.... stuff, meaning it has been contaminated. It's either caused by human error or the product is poor at suppressing microbial contamination.

Anyway, we'll be doing another round of experiment since there are contamination in both my teammates' samples. We'll be using the brand new one and the used one. We're going to test the used ones to see whether are they really effective at suppressing microbial contamination after prolong usage.


And this is how we make our media before we start off with any experiments. It smells REALLY bad. LB smells really bad. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment